There are a number of items which you need to prepare after you have listed your commercial property for sale or lease. These may include:
1. Disclosure Document - To make sure that the people looking at buying or leasing your property to keep the information confidential and don’t tell your current tenants if there are any.
2. Information About the Property – Basic overview of your commercial property including size of property, office space size (may be different to the size of the property if there is yard space), type of power (i.e. 3 phase power for construction and machinery or single phase power), water supply, phone lines, access to internet, etc…
3. Are there current tenant and when does this expire? – This is for people who are looking at buying a commercial property as an investment, or if they are looking to move into the property themselves.
4. Prospective Income or Lease Payments and Outgoings for Property – How much can the prospective buyers make from leasing the property or how much will the lessee need to pay for to lease the property off you. Will the lessee be paying for electricity, excess electricity, water, excess water, etc… as a part of the lease agreement? This is essential for both a buyer and lease agreement so that everyone can work out the exact payments required from the start.
5. Contract of Sale or lease – Contract to transfer the ownership of your commercial property to a new owner or leasing agreement for the new leaser.
These are only a few items which need to be prepared before you sell your business or franchise and some of these items can be prepared by Business Brokers/ Real Estate Agent and Solicitors in the sales process. Leasing laws can be different in each state, but for a good overview of what you need to know about leasing a commercial property, please read the following links
The commercial capital of Australia, Sydney has always been the most sought-after destination for entrepreneurs and investors. Hig..Read More
Coronavirus cases have been surging in Victoria, and the rising numbers have made the state premier take the drastic step of impos..Read More
Australia has been on the radar of offshore investors for a long time for commercial property investment. As the population of hig..Read More
Commercial property investment has always been the first choice of high-net-worth individuals as it comes with great rewards. The ..Read More
NSW has always been the most sought-after region for commercial property buyers. The state has the advantage of being home to a va..Read More
The year 2020 began on a positive note for the commercial property domain as the economy was growing at a consistent speed, and lo..Read More
The enormity of the spread of the novel coronavirus has taken everyone by surprise. Countries like the UK, US, Italy and France ar..Read More
The biggest news of the hour is the rising number of coronavirus cases all over the world. The pandemic has surfaced in every corn..Read More
Brimming with people and businesses, Sydney is acknowledged as the financial capital of Australia that boasts of an advanced marke..Read More
The Australian continent is no stranger to the ghastly bushfires, which have been responsible for the deaths of 800 people and bil..Read More