There are a number of items which you need to prepare after you have listed your commercial property for sale or lease. These may include:
1. Disclosure Document - To make sure that the people looking at buying or leasing your property to keep the information confidential and don’t tell your current tenants if there are any.
2. Information About the Property – Basic overview of your commercial property including size of property, office space size (may be different to the size of the property if there is yard space), type of power (i.e. 3 phase power for construction and machinery or single phase power), water supply, phone lines, access to internet, etc…
3. Are there current tenant and when does this expire? – This is for people who are looking at buying a commercial property as an investment, or if they are looking to move into the property themselves.
4. Prospective Income or Lease Payments and Outgoings for Property – How much can the prospective buyers make from leasing the property or how much will the lessee need to pay for to lease the property off you. Will the lessee be paying for electricity, excess electricity, water, excess water, etc… as a part of the lease agreement? This is essential for both a buyer and lease agreement so that everyone can work out the exact payments required from the start.
5. Contract of Sale or lease – Contract to transfer the ownership of your commercial property to a new owner or leasing agreement for the new leaser.
These are only a few items which need to be prepared before you sell your business or franchise and some of these items can be prepared by Business Brokers/ Real Estate Agent and Solicitors in the sales process. Leasing laws can be different in each state, but for a good overview of what you need to know about leasing a commercial property, please read the following links
Commercial property has always been on the radar of smart investors as they offer a considerable cash-flow advantage and the suret..Read More
Investment in property has been long viewed as a means to secure finances and create assets. Traditionally, investors depended on ..Read More
Every business owner dreams of leasing an office in a commercial and vibrant area which exudes a professional vibe. The first impr..Read More
Australia is the land where dreams come true. It has everything from a scintillating skyline, unspoilt beaches, and thrilling adve..Read More
The commercial real estate is a more complex domain than the housing sector as it is more highly-priced and can be challenging to ..Read More
The boom in the Australian real estate market is not hidden from anyone and has been the talk of the town for long. Investors from..Read More
With the modern cities turning into concrete jungles, it is inevitable to lose sight of the overpowering structures with glass fac..Read More
Investing in commercial real estate may sound like an intimidating proposition to many, but in fact it is the most rewarding ventu..Read More
The commercial real estate is an unexplored terrain for most people who only invest in residential properties and consider it to b..Read More
Investing money in Australian commercial real estate market is one of the best ways to secure your investment strategy for a long ..Read More