There are a number of items which you need to prepare after you have listed your commercial property for sale or lease. These may include:
1. Disclosure Document - To make sure that the people looking at buying or leasing your property to keep the information confidential and don’t tell your current tenants if there are any.
2. Information About the Property – Basic overview of your commercial property including size of property, office space size (may be different to the size of the property if there is yard space), type of power (i.e. 3 phase power for construction and machinery or single phase power), water supply, phone lines, access to internet, etc…
3. Are there current tenant and when does this expire? – This is for people who are looking at buying a commercial property as an investment, or if they are looking to move into the property themselves.
4. Prospective Income or Lease Payments and Outgoings for Property – How much can the prospective buyers make from leasing the property or how much will the lessee need to pay for to lease the property off you. Will the lessee be paying for electricity, excess electricity, water, excess water, etc… as a part of the lease agreement? This is essential for both a buyer and lease agreement so that everyone can work out the exact payments required from the start.
5. Contract of Sale or lease – Contract to transfer the ownership of your commercial property to a new owner or leasing agreement for the new leaser.
These are only a few items which need to be prepared before you sell your business or franchise and some of these items can be prepared by Business Brokers/ Real Estate Agent and Solicitors in the sales process. Leasing laws can be different in each state, but for a good overview of what you need to know about leasing a commercial property, please read the following links
Investing money in Australian commercial real estate market is one of the best ways to secure your investment strategy for a long ..Read More
Looking at a classy office building or a ritzy hotel often makes us think how the engineers managed to achieve this marvel, and ho..Read More
With the burgeoning population, the Australian real estate is expanding and opening up new channels of revenue for landowners. The..Read More
Sydney, the capital city of New South Wales, is listed on the 15th position in top 16 Global Elite Cities Index. The fastest growi..Read More
The way commercial real estate market has changed in Australia is commendable. Australia has experienced a phase where the demand ..Read More
In today’s fast-paced technological era, diverse industry sectors including the real estate have been leveraging cutting-edg..Read More
Recruiting and retaining the best employees within an organisation is a vital key to running a successful business. But encouragin..Read More
In the rapidly developing business world, progressive and ambitious companies are revolving their attention towards finding engagi..Read More
Commercial property development is without a doubt a thriving and budding industry. As people strive to make names and more money ..Read More
There are a number of new business parks and industrial estates across Melbourne that is recently completed. An individual should ..Read More